View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #131
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee0986 View Post
Too bad it doesn't have microSD indeed. I've been looking at tablets for awhile and almost bought an iPad at one point (being a huge google usuer I just couldn't bring myself to switch from driod). If this new Asus tab had a microSD I would sell my vox tomorrow and order the tab. I must say I am most impressed by Asus - jsut bought a Asus laptop recently and it continues to blow me away. I can't wait until this puppy hits the stores so I can get a live demo and perhaps end up with a new toy.

EDIT: Kobo ate a bunch of my side loaded books for the last time 2 days ago. Went to BestBuy after work yesterday and started playing with 7" tablets. This enticed me to get on the internet when I got home and do some research on the Nexus7 Vs. Samsung Tab 2 7". An ad has now been placed in my local classifieds to sell my Kobo. If I can get it sold it will be replaced sooner rather than later - if not I will wait to see if either of these tablets go on sale during the back to school madness. Right now I'm leaning more towards the Samsung as it is expandable whereas the Nexus isn't - but that decision is yet to be made.
----------------------------------------------------

Renee, the SoC (Tegra-3) will thrill you with its speed and ability to run ANYTHING you ask it to. The display on the N7 is stunning, whether you watch videos, view static pictures, and of course text/font rendering. I get a constant 7-8 hours of use, actually no matter what I combine of the above activities. You do NOT need to disable one feature or radio on the device to see this battery life. Three (3) hours to fully charge it up from low-warning with the included Asus adapter. I have had this for a month, and it is a complete knockout! I actually enjoy to watch (laying in bed before sleep) Netflix and other downloaded movie content, whether HD or not. This was the best usage of under 300.00 that has been spent so far in the portable tablet realm. The feature/power for the dollar ratio is totally loaded in the user's favor.

If you decide upon one, and want to use a headphone (great sound BTW) with the N7, I just want to comment that the first time you put the plug into the socket at the bottom of the N7, it is a good fit, and so make sure that you use enough force to completely see/feel the plug seat itself into the socket. Some new users thought there was something wrong with their unit when they had 'thought' it was fully seated and only got sound from the right channel. I also did that when using the socket for the first time...but knew that I obviously had not fully seated the headphone plug and pushed a little more to overcome the good fit, and felt the plug travel that little more to fully and truly be seated. I then had full left and right channels being sent to the headphone.

I just thought to comment.

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 08-28-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: ...added content
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote