View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #26
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Dishonest may have been a bit harsh. But if you vote based on what someone else votes for or how many votes a book has instead of what you would like to best read (if different), you are not being honest with your vote.
Oh, great. "Dishonest" is harsh, so you've changed it to "not being honest." That'll move a discussion along.

You're obviously an all-or-nothing type of guy. Others are more risk-averse, perhaps, and prefer to get some or most of what they'd like more of the time. It's a difference of style, not morality. It's highly judgmental and intolerant to ascribe honesty to one's own decision-making style and dishonesty to the method others use.

Honesty has nothing to do with it. Nowhere is it said or implied that by voting, you undertake to pick your single highest preference, and that's assuming you'd have one (I know I'd be equally happy with at least three of the nominees). That's a projection you're making and as I said, I suspect it's because you think your own ends will be better served if others act in that manner.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote