View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
RobChuck
RobChuck began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Reader
Your situation sounds very similar to one that I encountered. I purchased a Nook STR in November primarily to read and use the Zondervan NIV Study Bible.

My Nook came with 1.0.1 installed, but I updated to 1.1.0 right away. My first purchase was the NIV Study Bible from B&N (the description at bn.com claims it still works with e-ink readers), and it never opened for me (the device always delivered a "not responding" dialog).

I spent nearly 12 hours with customer/tech support during 8 phone calls and 2 store visits to learn that the file is too complex for the STR and was issued a refund. (They would not issue one at first, because their system showed that the book was successfully downloaded onto my device.) I also tried side-loading the file and also stripped out the DRM and side-loaded the book with the same results.

I then purchased the basic NIV Bible which works well, but takes nearly 3 minutes from the launch of the title until I am able to read it. I also have a few other reference books with quite a few links, so perhaps there is not enough processing power or memory to handle large amounts of links on the STR.

I too would be curious if others have encountered similar issues on STR devices with 1.1.0.
RobChuck is offline   Reply With Quote