Thread: Calibre Speedup
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #45
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
the discussion is improving!

I do buy into the "it's not about speed, it's about understanding the tech" argument, & calibre conversions are as good as any other testbed.
When I tried to set up ram discs for other reasons, win 7 fought back fiercely, hence googling, hence earlier comments.
PS I think that folks rich enough to try SSD are rich enough to replace the if TMP usage wears them out. Me, I'm waiting until they get much bigger/cheaper.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote