Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Katie1, I'm really glad you started this thread because I've been comparing the Fire to other tablets in that price range too.

Lenovo's A1 IdeaPad looks interesting, but I'm undecided whether a 7" screen is going to suit my needs. It seems like it would be too small for comfortable web browsing and movie-watching, but I'm not sure. I would be using the tablet mostly at home, so portability isn't a big consideration for me. I've read reviews that say the Lenovo comes with SD card storage, but there is no mention of that on Lenovo's website. That's an important feature, so why isn't it listed in the specs?

I'd be interested to know what you tech gurus think of the Le Pan TC 970 9.7" Multi-Touch LCD Google Android Tablet PC. It's priced at $250. I'm wary of purchasing from a company that isn't well known, but this tablet does get excellent reviews. It's currently Android 2.2 (Froyo) but I've read that there are plans to update to Ice Cream Sandwich soon. It comes with only 2 GB but you can use a micro SD card up to 32 GB. Here is LePan's website. There's a User Manual under "Support|Documentation."

I'd like to spend less than $270 on a tablet, and I'm leaning toward a 10" screen, but I'm still considering 7" too. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote