View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostyvyg View Post
I did not copy any files to the internal SD card while connected to the Mac. But in order to sideload new firmware I was copying the appropriate files to internal SD card after factory resets when internal SD card was visible from the PC. I also copied the fonts when it was visible and can access the new fonts.
Yes, you did say all that. I was concentrating on what happened with the Kobo desktop and forgot about the rest.

As a last desperate attempt to get it working, I would do the factory reset and try what Ken suggested to add the dummy user. Then see if everything works and Windows will still talk to it on that factory installed firmware. Then upgrade manually to 2.8.1 and test again. The alternative is to use the Mac to do the setup so that it uses your account. If you do that, you can also delete the firmware update files to prevent the upgrade and see what happens when you go to Windows.

Otherwise, take it back as faulty.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote