View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #27
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I agree with this article -- it won't save the newspaper industry and the "Big" Kindle's largest potential is in the textbook market, and piracy for textbooks will run rampant.

Personally, I'd like to see an OpenTextbook inititive that replaces traditional textbook publishers, and a large screen Kindle would make that possible.
I think the Kindle (as you say, in large format) has huge potential as a textbook reader. I would've loved one of those, when I was in school (although a current Kindle would've probably worked out fine for me, as I was an English major, and carried around a lot of paperback literature, anyway).

It's always possible, I suppose, that Amazon has made such advances with the Kindle's design that on Wednesday they'll announce a color, touchscreen, Flash-capable, stylus-ready, SD-card slotted Kindle. If they did that, I'd sell my Kindle 1 and get one. I think that's the only thing that would convince me to buy a large format device. And even then, it would have to be < $400 for me to justify the expenditure.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote