View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
OMG .... I was right!!!

I was (am) a longtime Heinlein fan. But, I noticed that his later works just got ... we'll over sexed would be the best way I could phrase it.

However, I just put this down to my personal taste, and never said or thought much about it ... until lately when I posted something about what I saw as his decline. I think it might have been on this forum.

In any event, I was reading Boingboing today, when I came across this posting by Cory Doctorow.

"Charlie Stross's new novel, Saturn's Children, is out -- this is Charlie's Heinlein tribute, and unlike everyone else who does classic, adventure -story Heinlein tributes, Charlie's written a novel in the style of the late, indulgent, sex-saturated Heinlein, from the period before a cutting-edge surgery fixed a problem with the blood-supply to his brain (seriously)."

Holy MOLY!! So there really was an honest to goodness physical reason for what I noticed in his later books. I wish someone had spotted it sooner ... I mean, if I could see it just by reading those books, you would think someone would have seen it in his daily activity and dragged him to a doctor.

Ah well .... at least I'll know to avoid Mr. Stross' new novel, because I really didn't care for the "late, indulgent, sex-saturated Heinlein."
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote