View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:55 AM   #44
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I hear you. I also live in the Netherlands and have the same problems.

I usually want to have the original version (UK for UK writers, US for US writers, NL for dutch writers). That really posses problems with geo restrictions...

You will have to do some effort, but most of the time you will find the book you want on either a site which ignores geo restrictions or where you can work around. BoB usally works fine and I even succeded in buying at Kobo. However, the latter could be that I had a VPN connection to my work (not a US company however).

When will they learn that geo restriction will not work. I am perfectly happy to by the versions I want from dutch retailers. However, they either cannot deliver or charge twice the price the US-based retailers do. For what? Import of bits and bytes? Shipping?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote