View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #52
solariun
solariun began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 / prs-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
There's a group of people here working on that. Have you tried any of the patches they are posting?
I didn't know about it, what kind of path are you meaning, the 1.7.1 (system path) ? Because I have it installed already, but my main complain is about the "Standby mode" that doesn't exist on my unit, and I bought my unit just because of that. I have a Iliad, it is really good, the Idea is totally awesome, the unit and all so, but the only thing that most bother me is the boot time and shutdown every time it am going to use the unit.

I have "some" units, I have became a great eInk fun since I bought mine first, the PRS-505, witch I have to tell is greatly done, in every sense. And then I won a PRS-700, and after few months a Iliad, but then I read about the "DR1000" in the Irex site, I got totally exited, I thought: "With this unit I can not take it to work and use it even to read on the way and use it on my just, the only thing I would need will be set it to Standby mode, and have it useful almost all the week long.". And the only thing I got was a bit Iliad! even with no file search at all...

I do hope Irex can do something about the standby at lest.
solariun is offline   Reply With Quote