View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #26
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
So do you think your power board problems have anything to do with increasing the battery capacity? You started seeing the problems after your first upgrade, right?
No, I actually think I may have had a flaky power board for quite some time. Sometimes I would get to a full charge very quickly, but then I wouldn't get great run time out of the device. Other times it would take longer to charge and I would get much better runtime. This would occur with the same basic usage pattern which is primarily reading and from the same drained battery state. I'm beginning to believe I had an intermittent problem that my last upgrade made into a permanent problem. I don't think anyone else has had an issue so it's probably related to my board.

If somebody knows what they are doing it's a relatively easy upgrade so I wouldn't shy away from it. I would say you need to be aware of two issues:
  1. Be careful not to short the batteries when installing them
  2. Make sure to solder as close as possible to the batteries from a vertical perspective to ensure you still have enough cable to plug into the main board. Not getting this right will mean the cable is too short and will pull out of the main board when the case is put back together.

Hope that helps.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote