View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #203
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Once the browser is closed, the affiliate session is ended -- Amazon is clear on that. That includes rebooting and cookie clearing. There is also a 24-hour window after which the cookie is purged if it hasn't been already.

The ONLY exception to that is that anything the prospective buyer puts in their cart during that session is eligible for the referral fee -- even if they check out later, after the cookie clears.

So I have a girlfriend who uses her Cart as her Wish List. There's stuff in there that will, someday, give referral money to some link she clicked on years ago. In theory, anyway.
There is actually an expiration date on cart contents, as well -- I believe it is currently 90 days (but, I too am too lazy to go over the forum and look it up, plus it's a pain on the iPad when at the coffee shop).

No matter how long you leave the browser open, the session expires in 24 hours at the latest. It can expire earlier, if the person makes any non-digital order (including a one-click order), closes the browser (including rebooting) or clicks on another affiliate link. Clearing cookies will also close the session, which is why most of us believe a cookie gets set.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote