View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #46
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
As a follow-up message to my previous messages, I have determined that the issues I was encountering appear to be caused by the way the free WiFi is setup to require some action with a browser before it will permit access to the network. This is made more difficult by what appears to be some sort of caching of the browser built into my Kindle 3.

Does anyone have some sort of script that can deal with these handshakes requiring manual browser intervention? For example, the free WiFi at McDonald's a click on a "connect" button on the first page it displays followed by clicking a check-box and another button on the second page before access is permitted. This takes a while to accomplish given the "speed" of the kindle browser.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote