View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You summed it up.

I was documenting others CSS I was tweaking (there are some extremely messy (style sheeted) books out there).
They style every thing. When are they gonna learn. Set A basic P style, the style the EXCEPTIONS, inheriting the basics
The style sheet ends up a few dozen lines and the book loads FAST.

The good thing, is not all comments mess it up, so TEST on a few devices, Not made for the Gorillas in the industry
Ducky:

I only have about 30-40 lines of CSS; but I do use commenting to keep it easy to read. One main p style; one for non-indented paras; headers; images. That's pretty much it, but my fu is pretty ePUB-standard (yeah, yeah, I know those video tags aren't ePUB 1.05 compliant, but, gimme a break! Blame Apple.); it's a little unfair to expect those of us slogging along making a living at this to have to code every book for EVERY reader, particularly if they're not industry-standard-compliant, y'know? (And you'll pry those dropcaps from my cold dead hands...)

It's bad enough I have to juggle around svg's and xpgts for ADE with everything else; having to de-comment my CSS is just pushing a chain up a hill. Hell, I struggle with that crap as it IS; if I remove the comments, I'm probably hosed.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote