View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Stanza does open up PDF's, provided you bought them through one of the supported website (ie Feedbooks, BoB, Fictionwise etc). Though it doesn't seem to allow for increases in font size, at least in the PDF area, I have been able to resize ereader format books I downloaded from fictionwise.

So Stanza is free and it does work, even if currently its not perfect.

Amy
If you get the Stanza Desktop, you can easily upload free pdfs to Stanza. I can't say that all flavors of pdf translate - the ones from Google Books don't seem to all the time, but ones from Gutenberg or Internet Archives do.

Anyway, the point is you don't have to have gotten them from one of those sites.

edit: you can also use calibre to convert the pdfs to epub & upload them to Stanza:

First install the Stanza reader on your iPhone from http://www.lexcycle.com . Then,

* Set the output format for calibre to EPUB (The output format can be set next to the big red heart)
* Convert the books you want to read on your iPhone to EPUB format by selecting them and clicking the Convert button.
* Turn on the Content Server in calibre‘s preferences and leave calibre running.

Now you should be able to access your books on your iPhone.

Last edited by Harmon; 04-12-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote