View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #114
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
The advertising model is worthy of consideration. It's how this forum operates. Everyone who posts is a content author, the site publishes that content, and makes money by running ads. Forum members are not paid, per se, but we're both content authors and content consumers, so there is an implicit quid pro quo.

There are extremes, to be sure. I refuse to participate in any site that uses Vibrant Media's IntelliTXT, for example, since it goes beyond advertising and actually turns my words into ads, for products and/or services I don't necessarily endorse. It's ad intrusiveness to the utmost degree. I also Adblock Google's ads, because I cannot stand Google (if you want an example of rampant, unpunished piracy, look no further).

But the normal banner ads I leave intact and occasionally click-through. They don't interfere with the content or operation of the site and allow it to function and presumably even make money for the site owners.

I think advertiser and/or sponsor supported ebook publication could actually be done right and is certainly more appealing to me than DRM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote