View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieJoDouglas View Post
I've always been a little weary of Terry Pratchett. I'm not too keen on sci-fi books. I even struggle with The Hobbit/LOTR. I find it too wordy and dull (prepares for massive backlash and possibly people throwing things at me...!).

Is TP similar to LOTR or am I being a wuss for nothing?!
I love TP and like you, struggled (and gave up) on Hobbit/LOTR. So I can safely say that Discworld is not even remotely similar!

Discworld doesn't have to be read in order so whenever I am recommending these I try to suggest an introductory Discworld book that suits the individual:

for rock music fans - Soul Music
for film fans - Moving Pictures
anyone who's seen Phantom of the Opera - Maskerade
vampire fiction - Carpe Jugulum
military - Monstrous Regiment
general - Last Continent.

Give them a try, you have nothing to lose!
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote