View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #88
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybraga View Post
fred_yu_job - yes... i'd say it's about 30 min.... i just went through the hassle of having to turn it on again just because I stopped my reading for 30-40 min.... once again, it's not the 30 seconds wait that bothers me... it's knowing that my battery is being drained for nothing...

EricLandes - yeah.... i would love to get the cover back too.... i used to love that.... i know it's not an important feature, but i kinda liked it....
Actually, the sleep => power off =>power on seems to take less power than leaving it on as the old firmware did. I left it on a couple of times with the old firmware and by the next day, the battery was dying. With the new firmware, battery is still good. Admittedly, I don't know how much of this is due to the power improvements in the new firmware and how much due to the sleep/power off.

There is also a post from a Kobo rep stating that the reason for their choices was to maximize the battery life. Any longer times would reduce the battery life and have us tossing our Kobos early. Non-replaceable batteries should be banned.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-11-2010 at 02:38 AM. Reason: fat fingers created a rather nasty typo.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote