View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:44 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Since I don't have a PW, I couldn't test your azw3 file. However, I noticed that your ePub doesn't contain an HTML TOC, which is required according to the Kindle Publishing Guidelines. While older Kindles treat an HTML TOC like any other file, it's quite possible that the PW is using it for the Page Flip feature. It's also possible that the reverse-engineered Calibre AZW3 code doesn't add whatever code Page Flip requires.

Try the following:

1. Generate an HTML TOC with Sigil (Tools > Table of Contents > Create HTML Table of Contents) and re-convert the book with both Calibre and KindleGen. If the book generated with KindleGen works, report this issue as a Calibre bug to Kovid Goyal.

2. Install the Kindle Unpack Calibre plug-in, unpack a working Kindle Page Flip book and compare the source code with a book that doesn't work.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote