View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I haven't listened to the audio, but the slides talk about availability of pirated copies in terms of seeds and leechers, which implies that they're only looking at Bittorrent, which may not be a very good measure of availability. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but my impression is that most e-book piracy revolves around Usenet and IRC, plus there is (was?) the massive publicly-accessible FTP server run by someone in the Usenet e-book piracy community. OTOH, piracy via those mechanisms is obviously much harder to measure.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote