View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #213
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Love of reading came from my mother. I can remember her reading constantly as I was growing up. She belonged to at least one, possible two, book clubs and it was apparent that she loved reading. I was taught to read when I was the age four by my grandfather. He lived on a farm without electricity, so spent a great deal of time reading in the evenings after coming in from the fields. He would sit me on his lap and read the same comic book (yes, comic book) day after day until I knew it by heart. He then sprinkled in the occasional incorrect word and would pretend surprise when I corrected him. He never actually taught me to recognize the printed words, but I eventually found that I was able to read that comic book as well as other books and magazines on my own.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote