View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #21686
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I've read it's triggered by dopamine in the brain. The first drag, the first swig, first hit, the first bet even the first purchase triggers the dopamine which is perceived as pleasure. You can picture it in your mind right now. Rats and mice will press buttons that trigger it in their brains until they drop dead.
I read about that... I'm surprised it never took hold as a recreational drug. It's prescribed for Parkson's Disease patients, and my father, who passed away from the disease years ago, took it regularly, and I used to ask him if he felt any particular pleasure sensations from it. He said that he didn't, but perhaps at the dosage he was taking all it did was control the disease.

I (accidentally) used Lobeline when I stopped smoking. I needed to stop for a 28-hour series of flights and airports, and thought about using the 'patch.' I tried it, but didn't like the way it made me feel. My wife had found some 'Stop Smoking' herbal stuff at a mall kiosk, (which I laughed at knowing it wouldn't work...) and I tried that. Incredible!!!
Apparently, lobeline bonds with the same neural receptors as nicotine, so when the body is 'craving' (i.e. the receptors are calling for a hit) the lobeline satisfies them. But lobeline is NOT addictive... So after two weeks of satisfying the physical need, and the nicotine has been flushed from the system, and when you stop taking the lobeline, those receptors stop calling for anything! I had absolutely no physical withdrawal symptoms at all during those two weeks, no cravings what so ever, and none when I stopped taking the Lobeline. It wasn't until two months later that the 'mental addiction' really kicked in and made my life pure hell for the next three years...

The only slight drawback to this is that lobeline is highly poisonous. Other than that, no problem. Fortunately, the amount that was in the herbal stuff wasn't toxic to someone my size. I learned latter that it was taken off the market because too many small women using it were getting really, really sick...

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-22-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote