View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I was able to resurrect the "Volume 52: 15 Minutes a Day Guide" website ( http://www.mensetmanus.net/inspirati...minutes_a_day/ ) that is currently defunct using the archive.org's Wayback Machine using this link --> http://web.archive.org/web/200706102...minutes_a_day/

Just surf that page but realize that it was last compiled in June 2007 and may not include all attachments. It's at least a start...

I'm still searching for a "all-in-one" .rtf otherwise each month's pages must be compiled together.

RWood, is this the "15 minute guide" you remember seeing?

EDIT: added all pages (intro and each month) in MS Word .doc format for further processing...
Yes, that is the site that I found some time ago. Bob Russell originally sent me a link to the site.

While this volume of the book is published in 1930, it is credited to Dr. Eicot who died in 1926, thus it is out of copyright everywhere in the world perhaps except the US.

There are several problems in producing an ebook from this extract and in using this guide with the Harvard Classics as published on MobileRead.
  1. The MobileRead Harvard Classics do not have fixed page numbers. Thus Patricia's Volume 1, page 79 may be my Volume 1, page 124 since I may be using a larger font size than her. This can also vary from device to device and Nick may view his files on a REB1200 while I would use a Sony PRS-500.
  2. The original page numbers were not preserved (even when they were available in the page scans) from the source materials.
  3. The source material provided by Nick contains hyperlinks to pages outside the text that must be edited.
That said, the additional editing to remove the header, footer, and internal page numbers is very trivial.

We can do the volume from these files. Given the stated limitations the question is, "Does it serve any real purpose to add this volume to the collection?"
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote