View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #30
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
In the 3 months since I have had the NC, I have fallen victim to 3 Fictionwise sales of greater than 40%. I couldn't stop myself when they had a 60% off sale. I purchased over 150 books during that time. I do need help because I am too weak to accomplish this on my own. I have over 650 books on my TBR list at Goodreads and am afraid that the next Fictionwise sale will do me in.

I have just purchased the new Nook reader and am getting that itch again. Please help!!
Okay, relax, take a deep breath and chant to yourself: "Fictionwise will have another sale after this*. It will be a better sale, with a better coupon. I can hold out for another 60% off. The books will still be there†. Another sale with a better coupon. At least 55% off. The books will still be there."

This, incidentally, is how I've managed to stave off splurging at FW with every deep-discount coupon and only get new releases because of the extra 15% off if their first week coincides with said coupon, or stuff I absolutely want to read Real Soon Now after having finished the 1st book in the series which I picked up during a previous sale.

* Unless they go out of business first, but gauging from how many of us are splurging there, we might be able to stave off their collapse for some time.

† Unless they get arbitrarily removed from FW's catalogue, which happen sometimes even with longtime MultiFormat author/small press-republished releases which are not getting rereleased elsewhere as far as I can tell, which is surprising (and upsetting).
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote