View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
First of, I don't expect you to be upset - be happy all you want. I am against you saying there is place for all when you mean for you.
OK, I'm sorry that you think there's no place for you. I do understand that not everybody has plenty of money to spend.

But I still think that your limit is imposed by yourself and that you do still have options (room) to buy the books. Obviously you can just buy less books for each $100 you spend, but you can also wait for access through libraries, second hand bookshops etc. I also don't see why ebooks won't also come out in cheaper versions over time, perhaps bundled in sets or whatever in much the same manner as some pbooks do.

Quote:
Second of all let's not be absurd ok?
Hey, you started it with your $1000 a book yacht owning billionaire. You think that's not just a tad absurd?

I agree that it sucks when things cost more than we'd like to pay, but I still feel that $15 is good value for the hours I get from a book, and that if I miss out on a book that is a bit pricey for me (which regularly happens with pbooks) then there's plenty of other stuff to read in the meantime. And I'll wait for the opportunity another time. I just got hold of a book two weeks ago that I've waited over twenty years for.

Anyway, I hope we can agree to disagree on our price ceilings.

Cheers,

Chris
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote