View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
Well.. No. There is room for you at $9.99 pricing, there is no room for me in $15 and more pricing range.
How would you feel, if some yacht owning oil billionere will defend pricing model by saying he will pay $1000 for the ebook he likes? Does it prove anything to the rest of us?
I think not.
Are you really saying that there's no book that you'd pay $15 for?

If your billionaire finds an ebook that he'll pay $1000 for that's fine by me. In fact, I believe that there are already some ebooks that do have an asking price in that sort of range. If I remember rightly they were some kind of very low volume medical research or reference texts. The sort of things where the costs of paying someone to put it all together in the right format can only be set against a very small number of sales.

If cheapness of books are what drives your buying then I'm sure there will continue to be some that cater for you - just like there are cheaper cars, clothes, or whatever. But I don't see why you should expect me or anybody else to be too upset if you want to stick to your own self imposed ceiling. Hey, I'd like to buy a Ferrari for the price of a regular sedan too, but sometimes you just have to save up more or make do with something cheaper.
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote