View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Well, the above is rather incomplete reporting. The reason Changes and the Micheal Lewis book isn't available for Kindle isn't because the Publisher can't or won't get an eBook out in a timely manner, it is because of the Amazon and Penguin Inc contract is still in dispute.

As for the this book is $9.99 vs this one at $12.99, I think it should have mentioned that one extremely large Publisher (Random House) is still fine and dandy with Amazon and other retailers discounting their publications to drive sales.

Also one thing I hardly ever see mentioned anywhere is that Random House books are unavailable through the iBookstore. I guess it is probably a minor point since iPAD users can simply buy them through another APP.

Scary to think that in a year we could be going through another major shake-up as the iPAD contracts with the Publishers expire.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote