View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #33
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
I sometimes wonder whether reading habits are more neurologically ingrained than we tend to assume. I know a man who is highly literate (also highly educated) but who seldom reads for entertainment. He also rarely read his textbooks in college, because he is an audial learner. His brain is wired to process and catalogue spoken information; a task at which I do not excel.
I wonder the same thing. I doubt if being a heavy reader or not is simply a matter of choice. A guy I knew who had a boat said that "you don't own the boat, the boat owns you". I think it's the same with us heavy readers. So, I don't think the original poster was asking an impertinent question. I think it's interesting to know if heavy readers tend to stick with birds of a feather or not. It looks like the answer is no (true for me, as well). Still, the fact that most of us frequent this site proves that there is something to the idea.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote