Thread: Which one?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
First of all, sorry about my english. I'm here to ask for help. I'm interested to buy a device that allow me to read e-bbok, PDF in first place. I had found 2 model that I think can be good for my intention. The fist one is iLiad of IRex. It's beautiful, and the Wacon pen ... the only thing that I dislike is battery. I had read that I can read no more than 5 or 6 hour. This is a bad point for iLiad. The good thing is that I can write notes on my pdf like chracters profile, how is how and notes. The second one is CyBook 3 (Bookeen). 300 euro, e-book reader only. But the battery? Now, what I0m searching is a device that allow me to read e-book, but I must be sure for battery. 6h is nothing in a travel in train. At least 12.

I know that iLiad us a LinuxOS, and this is e great point for this device because I LOVE linux! So, if you have some idea of what device can be good for me, I'll be greatfull to thank you.
If you are only interested in PDF then iLiad is the best available. The typical PDF is page oriented and needs a large screen. The iLiad has must better battery life in the new version 2 device. It will do what you want while traveling on a train.

Both iLIad and CyBook use Linux but at this time only iLiad lets you get to the OS level and do Linux things.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote