View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #13
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You do it so consistently that I wasn't going to say anything. But then you commented on his errors, so it gave me an opportunity to bring up yours. It looks like you only do it with corporations and websites. Here are a couple examples:

Have iRex given you any indication of when you're likely to get your iLiad, Martin?

amazon.co.uk don't sell eBooks at all, AFAIK.

According to the middle school english teacher I asked, those should be singular conjugations, not plural.
Nate, I think both of these fall into that ambiguous area of a collective singular, e.g. team. Should you say "the team is" or "the team are"? INMHO it follows colloquial rules. But I believe grammarians don't fully agree. Just my thoughts.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote