View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
What do you do about ebooks you buy to replace paper books?

I have a few ebooks I bought to replace paper books. For example, The Mists of Avalon is more than 500 pages, so when I was able to get the e-version cheaply, I did so. But this is not a one-day read so I have been putting off re-reading it.

Do those of you who re-buy books in e-version that you read in paper consider these 'already read' for the purpose of things like rating them at Fictionwise or tagging them in Calibre? It feels dishonest a little to rate a book at Fictionwise when I have not read the book I bought. But I did read the story when I had the p-book and I know what rating I would give it.

I am starting to wonder if I am being too much of a stickler about this. Between new books I have bought which are not read yet, library books, public domain books I want to read, freebies from elsewhere etc. I have plenty else to read right now. Having a dozen or so things on my 'to read/rate/review' list which I have technically read already (even if not in ebook form) is maybe counter-productive at this point.

Should I just rate them, clear them off my to-read list for now and just know they are there if I want them later? How do you handle books like this for your own record-keeping/rating/managing?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote