View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
New to the 505 - just want to read!
You'll soon realise that sourcing and converting books is far more interesting than just reading them

I was where you are three weeks ago. This forum has all the details you need, but a quick summary of what I have learnt and tried: buy Microsoft Reader files -> use ConvertLIT to remove DRM -> use Calibre for conversion -> use either Calibre or Sony software to get the books to your device. It's actually much simpler than it sounds (two or three minutes tops), and I have to flick between a Mac and an emulated PC (the best sort) to complete it so should be much faster for a native PC user.

Good luck!

AMJB

Last edited by amjbrown; 02-26-2009 at 06:30 AM.
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote