View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #832
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Couldn't log into Brooklyn Public Library this past Wednesday, so called to see if the glitch was on their end or mine (thought maybe my out-of-state subscription had expired, but no, I still have another month).

Turned out to be a problem on their end which only lasted 20-30 minutes early Wednesday a.m.

In chatting with the gal in circulation, she told me that the library has decided to no longer offer subscriptions to international patrons and, in fact, won't be renewing their subscriptions in the future. Out-of-state subscriptions will still be available for U.S. patrons.

She also mentioned that in their last couple of meetings, they've brought up the idea of offering free or reduced-price subscriptions to military and/or senior citizens (much like FLP currently does).

Just thought I'd pass along my little gossip session with Angie from BPL.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote