View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #199
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I just went to Amazon via one of your affiliate links in an incognito window and checked the dev tools... there are NO session cookies. There is a cookie that expires in 24 hours called csm-hit. That cookie WILL survive a browser close and reopen.

I write web apps for a living, I understand how cookies work.

Where is Amazon "clear on that"?

BOb
You know what? I was wrong, and you're right. Either they've changed that since I signed up or I mis-read the original agreement. Huh.

Quote:
7. How does Amazon track orders coming from my Web site?

An Associates ID is assigned when you sign up through our online form. Links from Associates Web sites to Amazon use a special format that includes this code. Every time a customer follows one of those links to our site, this unique URL tells us which page to display as well as which Associate sent the customer to us. We keep track of the Associates ID as the customer browses through our Web site, and even if they close their browser and come back later that day.
Source: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com.../join/faq.html

I apologize for my mistake. I do remember an affiliate program saying that "closing the browser" would end the session... am I thinking of B&N affiliates? I really can't say. CAT scan time, I suppose.

Last edited by anamardoll; 09-28-2011 at 03:24 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote