View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #10
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
the picture above baffles me. the lcd layer and eink layer should be swapped in my mind. with a transparent lcd on top of the eink. I dont see how they envision it working with the eink above the lcd.
I agree with you, it seems backward.
I would find it funny if somebody submitted another patent based in this one but with the *correct* (based on what we know) solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
in fact if you used eink on the bottom, an led "side lit" layer then above that the transparent lcd you could led "back light" the lcd while providing light for the eink. ala the old sony. but with newer higher contrast displays and very clear lcd layers it should be better than the sony.
I think the problem with the PRS 700 was due to the thickness of the layers on top of the eink. I'm not sure this would work well.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote