Thread: verifying html
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #14
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
Curiouser and curiouser... (BTW...all formatting is fine in ADE. Only the fonts are missing.)

I made a completely new epub file and began adding fonts one by one, starting with the two I use a lot for titles, BlackChancery and Stowe open face. (the spaces seem to be OK with everything...I was suspicious at first, too, but they seem to be working.) Anyway, with those two added, ADE did fine. YAY.

Third added: Arabella. Didn't work. Changed CSS in the specific file to have it use BlackChancery for one para. That didn't work. I began eliminating style codes one by one in this same html file, and just on this one paragraph.

This paragraph had four style codes, font size, font type, italics and an sgc_1 code that I think Sigil puts in. Once I had everything but the font type out, viola! BlackChancery appeared. Wheeee. I tried Arabella...and there it was. Wheeeee. Now, I began adding the other code back in. Font size went in OK. But if either the italics code or the sgc code was in, the font disappeared again.

I thought perhaps ADE didn't like so many font qualifiers in one set of brackets, so I broke it up into two. That didn't work. I tried both the ital css and the sgc code singly and it didn't work with either scenario.

Meanwhile...over in the 'NetWalkers file, there are plenty of fonts with the sgc codes that are displaying just fine in ADE. I thought maybe it was because this font doesn't have an ital version, but it displays in ital in FireFox and Calibre. And the same thing happens with the other fonts.

I hate to give up the ital because that's what sets it off as handwriting if the reader doesn't handle embedded fonts.

Are we having fun yet?

thanks again
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote