Thread: Bookeen support
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:28 AM   #31
romi
CyBook Gen3 fan
romi began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Unhappy Bookeen support nonexistent

Just to chime in with my experience with support.

When I bought my device half a year ago I immediately noticed a dead / stuck pixel at the bottom, which sometimes disturbs me when I read. After several days I resorted to contacting the support. I wrote multiple emails to contact@ then support@, alll *very* polite but received no answer. After I resent the text of the message with slight modifications and introductory text stating I'm still waiting for a reply I received ...

... no reply.

And I gave up. I still like the device, like its openness compared to Kindle and co., its simple design; but this rudeness in dealing with a fresh (still excited from the new and very costly purchase) customer. In the meantime my device is not brand new and I don't think I'll ever get a replacement or anything for this slight defect.

I should also say that this awful experience has a negative impact in my attitude towards a small rather than big, European rather than American company. One reason I bought Cybook was that it was a small company and finally European. But wrong. Next time it'll have to be American or Japanese when it comes to electronics.
romi is offline   Reply With Quote