View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #211
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
That's why I think it's the LEDS. If I have the light turned all the way down, it looks almost identical to my K3 screen and there are no color hues at all. Same thing with the other devices I was sent.
Me too. If it was the screen you would see it when the light was all the way down. You can take a book light to it when it's like that and see if anything shows up. That's another way to test.

DT, All Kindles have a greenish shadowing at the top and the sides. Always more on the left than right for some reason. It the bezel and glass that causes this I think. It's more prominent on the PW because of it's huge bezel. So when the light hits it it has a shadowbox look to it. It use to drive me nuts on my K3 and K4 but now I just think of it as a border. I don't think this it's fixable.

Yes my camera isn't the best. It's the camera on the SGP5 for those wondering. My Sony isn't working at the moment.

For the last time I don't have pink blobs on my PW. Any color you see is due to resizing it a very old paint program. Paint Shop Pro 7. If anyone remember old Jasc. Great for Webgraphics and tags not so much for Photos.

Is the background on my PW white? No. It's a Cool white like a floresant light or one of those curly bulbs in clear (sunlight version) I was expecting a soft white (which is more yellowish) which is what most book light tints seem to be. I was surprised to find it cool instead of warm.

If I get my Sony working I will try to take a better pic.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-06-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote