View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
I don't understand the problem. All my books have author "First Last" but author sort "Last, First" and that's how it's supposed to be. Is it not? I mean isn't that why there are two author fields in the first place, one that shows the author the regular way (the way it would be printed on a book and the way its used for generating covers and the like), and one that determines sorting?
Some people want it otherwise

Tom Jones sorts Jones, Tom but appears as: Tom Jones in the middle of a J (Authors) list with the correct placement for Jones.
Different strokes
The problem is the Metadata sources are not consistently one way

It is fairly easy to MANUALLY fix.
Open the Tag Browser, Select the Author. Right click.
You can fix The Author name (as seen) for ALL entries, in a single fix.
You can also fix the Author Sort for that name.

Fix, being Your Way

This will not prevent New books coming in wrong, but if you fix those names to EXACTLY the same, they will merge the authors together.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote