View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Stewart Grove
Stewart Grove began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Author: Last Name First Woes

Hi i'm hoping someone can show me the error of my ways. I've read numerous posts on this and tried a few things but i cannot add books to my library and have Calibre automatically set the author to last name first.

What i am doing is dragging a MOBI file from an Explorer window in to the Calibre window. Calibre tells me its adding the book and the book then appears in my library.

I check the author field in the meta data and its first name then last name. The author sort field is exactly how i want it (last name, first name) so i have been manually copying from one field to the other but thought there has to be a way of getting the software to do this automatically. A quick search around and i find lots of info but nothing has worked yet.

I have tried going to Preferences -> Advanced -> Tweaks -> Author Sort Name Algorithm and author_sort_copy_method = 'invert' and trying the comma and copy settings but nothing alters the author field when i drop a book in to Calibre from an Explorer window.

So what am i doing wrong?

Sorry my first post here is a problem
Stewart Grove is offline   Reply With Quote