View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
I took a look at the project page and was pleased to see it's licensed GPL. But I don't see any source code.
The Code is not there because I don't yet use the Source Control. But if interested I would gladly provide it. And right now there was no request for it, so I didn't really bother.

I will post a source with the next version in the download section, I just ask that if anybody wants to make some enhancement that we all work together, instead of doing many different version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
I tried to run it with wine on Linux, but it said
wine: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables

OK, I guess I could install that, but are you going to build any non-Windows version?
The program is written in C#, which means that to run it you will need either .Net Runtime (3.5) or Mono on Linux or MAC.

That said Mono is not an exact port of the .NET framework and there will surely be some parts of it that are not working. Maybe someone with some experience with Linux could give a hand, has I don't really plan on using Linux soon.

But I have checked the compatibility with Mono. The only problem I see is the WebBrowser window not running on OSX. On version 1.2 only (I changed some things that would not have pass the tests.)

But there is some problems with the libraries I am using, but looking at the report it does not look like something that is used in my App and could be safely removed (all are open source). But there will have some testing to be done and some code modification to do.

Last edited by Nigol; 01-26-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote