View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 04:36 AM   #15
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
I guess we will have the music/film business all over again. After a massive (and still massive, but slightly reduced) piracy "business", at least in Norway the DRM of CD's and MP3 files are removed. I can now legally buy Non-Restricted MP3 files which I can play on as many players and devices as I like. Also the terms and conditions (www.platekompaniet.no) states that I can even share the music with my closest friends and family. But of course not share "with my 199.000 closest friends over internet".

Hopefully, after the publisher vultures experience "a massive economic loss" (as they will put it), they'll come to senses and actually start to sell unrestricted ebooks to a price and convenience the consumer will accept and adhere to.

The music business in Norway is now on its right way to again earn money and most customers are satisfied.

I'm not stupid, of course there will *ALWAYS* exist nincompoops which (deliberately not "who") will not follow the law.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote