View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
There's a grey area around when a site should be considered a pirate site imo. We all link to youtube and some content producers consider that a pirate site due to the amount of infringement that goes on, despite the lengths google go to be compliant with takedowns. When you consider most people who post a video are infringing copyright of musicians.

If the site the OP refers to, also complies with takedowns and has a mixture of infringing and legal content, it may not be cut and dry. Although I've not actually looked at the site in question so how easily it fits the piracy label, I don't know.

I'd remove the link unless I had some reason to care about the site in question, in which case legal advice (that you've already mentioned seeking) would be the right course just to be safe.

As for whether linking should be illegal, hard to say. I can see arguments for and against it depending on the extremeness of the content linked to.

In regards to google, bear in mind the law may take a different view to an automatically generated index that happens to include links to sites primarily related to piracy vs an app or site that has manually added each particular link.

Last edited by JoeD; 02-26-2013 at 08:36 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote