View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
What you are asking for isn't how we define indie. Barry Eisler is now self-publishing, technically an indie author (who most certainly can get a book contract) but that is not what you want. You're asking for our favorite contemporary unknown or undiscovered authors.

None of my favorites are currently in that classification but I'd be curious to check out some recommendations in this thread. I do challenge your assertion that the public craves an independent source of recommendations. There are enough authors who pass through the established gatekeepers that I already cannot read everything I want to.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote