View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
double the >, to >> and it appends to the named file for a 'running' log
Yes, but I seldom want a running log. During development, I do a lot of "find all" searches for messages output from the recipe, so I don't want to see the results of earlier tests. I use a standard format for printing messages from the recipe with a standard text string.

print 'The tag, variable or whatever being tracked is: ', variable_name

I search for all occurrences of the string "is: " to find critical junction points in the recipe. I often have the recipe print the entire "soup" of each article page, sometimes multiple times as it is processed, so my output has short messages tracking variables and errors, which are buried in the source code of multiple other pages. Finding the critical messages is hard enough without digging through older junk.

Last edited by Starson17; 03-31-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote