View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #374
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I should have been more specific.
There are a few attachable keyboards. Samsung ATIV you've mentioned or Asus W510/700 and some Lenovo tablets for example.
But to me, that's a different breed. Those are rigid physical connections, making the whole unit bulkier than a "real" notebook, for example my MacBook Air. One can't fold those keyboards back. If one wants to go into tablet mode, one has to separate keyboard and tablet. And you always have the problem how to transport the keyboard when traveling.
I actually use a Macbook Air sleeve for my Ativ 700t, which fits it with or with or without the keyboard attached - transport with the cover is exactly like transport of a laptop, transport without, exactly like transporting my iPad, just a bit bigger, obviously.

I hardly ever use the keyboard (detaches with the push of a button, so no big deal), and the reason why I picked it over the MS Surface was the extra inch the screen gives me, as well as the longer battery life. Since I use it exclusively in desktop mode, I am happy I went with an 11incher - I think 10 inches would make it a frustrating experience for me.

However, because I never use the keyboard, I'd love to have an iPad type magnetic screen cover for it to protect the screen when it is lying around on the couch during the day (I had my dog jump up on it twice already, which very nearly gave me a heart attack) - and they don't yet make those for the Ativ 700
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote