View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #363
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Surface Pro, performance and display

Just briefly streamed a BlueRay-Rip via iTunes from my Mac mini mediaserver to Surface Pro.
Wow! The display is great. I've been fine with the display of Surface RT on its own. But in direct comparison...

I had tried the same before on Dell Latitude 10. No chance. Not even a slide show.
Not so much a problem of performance, but compatibility with the Atom processor, I guess.

Only streamed for ca. 10 minutes, but no fan noise (not even a slight whisper) at all.
Correction: Now, when pausing the movie, I hear the fan. But:
a.) It's absolutely constant. Way less distracting than changes in frequency/speed would be.
b.) It's quiet enough to not bother the dialogues in the movie.
Again: Very well thought out.
Still: Of course I'd wish for a Metro-iTunes-app instead of the desktop one...

Last edited by mgmueller; 04-06-2013 at 11:45 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote