View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #238
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I can keep my snobbery aimed at the book rather than the reader. Sometimes I even envy their ability to get past bad writing enough to enjoy the story, as that's often more than I can manage.
There are certain books I never could get into. The Hobbitt for example. I admire anyone who could read that, but I might suggest their brain is wired a little differently than mine. Or maybe it is when. Just like love, if you meet the love of your life at the wrong time, you may never connect. I couldn't stand the Hobbitt, but I love reading the Internal Revenue Code. Thinking back, the ability to retain previous characters is just what the Hobbitt, and the IRC, are about. Maybe I should retry it!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote