View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #621
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
1) Dragging the ePub from the Calibre window doesn't work
That's right.

Quote:
2) If you want to get the most current metadata/covers - that you may have changed/updated within Calibre - you need to save to disk first
Not true! This is exactly my point. Calibre auto-saves everything to disk anyway: inside its Calibre folders. So that, all you need to have is a bookmark in your Explorer or Finder or TotalCommander that will switch you over to Calibre's Books folder. You will see all your writers there, ordered alphabetically inside Calibre folders. Inside each writer's folder, each book gets a separate folder. All very handy. And all these EPUB files can be directly loaded into Marvin.

Those who prefer to be slow, will mess around with iTunes. Those who wish to lose no time, let Dropbox or SugarSync or other cloud software handle the transfer of those EPUBs to the iPad automatically, without the user having to do anything at all on the computer running Calibre. And there's also the direct OPDS access from Marvin, or emailing the file to yourself (still quicker than iTunes, in my experience.)

Quote:
Can we move on now?
I'm all for that.