Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #239
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've attached two copies of Charles Stross' Toast and other stories to this message.

Toast-wide.epub has my usual margin settings while Toast-narrow.epub has the margins set to a minimum of 25pt (some of the special items use narrower margins). As I said earlier, most books use minimal margins but you run into the odd one that uses wide margins, some for valid reasons, some for reasons that I can't grok.

Regards,
David
I put both books on Kobo Mini.
Margins on both books can be changed by the same amount as far as I can determine.
Toast_narrow starts (smallest margin setting on Kobo) almost at the edge of screen and can be adjusted in about an inch.
Toast_wide starts about 3/4 of an inch from the edge of the screen and can be also adjusted in about an inch.

Both can be adjusted in either direction.

This seems like normal behavior to me, although it might be nice if there was a negative as well as positive adjustment, or maybe not.

As an aside, I have not experienced the wrong page problems, or the bookmark problems, and my Mini has not crashed or frozen since the 2.3.1 update. Used to crash and/or freeze totally (had to reset) at least once a week.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote